Most college students and anyone age 18 or younger ride the bus for free! Once aboard, you can ride anywhere RTA buses go, anytime they operate. And yes, you can take your bike or skateboard with you.
With friendly drivers and a safe environment — and now free rides — RTA is a great option for travelling to destinations near and far. Plus, there’s comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi service and USB charging ports to make the ride even better. Did we mention that it’s free?
The free rides are made possible by a Low Carbon Transit Operations Program (LCTOP) air quality grant that provides public transit funding for projects that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve mobility.
HOW TO RIDE
COLLEGE STUDENTS: When you register for classes, be sure to provide your mobile phone number to the college. Then about one week before classes start, you’ll receive a text message with instructions on downloading your free mobile pass. After that, simply validate your mobile pass whenever you board and enjoy the ride. Student ID cards are not accepted on the bus. Participating schools include Cal Baptist University, La Sierra University, Moreno Valley College, Mt. San Jacinto College, Norco College, Riverside City College and UC Riverside.
YOUTH: If you do not appear to be age 18 or younger you will be asked to show a valid school ID from the current school year, an RTA Youth ID card, a California driver’s license or any state-issued ID showing the rider is 18 or younger.
For schedule and route information, click here or contact RTA's Customer Information Center at (951) 565-5002.
FREE RIDES AUGUST 2020 – JULY 2022. Dates subject to change.
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER
|Get On Flyer Cal Baptist v1.0||09-13-2021|
|Get On Flyer La Sierra v2.0||09-13-2021|
|Get On Flyer MSJC v5.0||09-13-2021|
|Get On Flyer MoVal v3.0||09-13-2021|
|Get On Flyer Norco v1.0||09-13-2021|
|Get On Flyer RCC v1.0||09-13-2021|
|Get On Flyer UCR v2.0||09-13-2021|
|Youth and College Students Ride Free ENGLISH SPANISH v3||09-15-2021|
TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
On every trip you take with RTA, your safety and well-being is our number-one priority. We’re committed to giving you peace of mind when you travel with us. Here’s what RTA is doing to make your journey with us safe.
- Face coverings: Face coverings that cover the mouth and nose are recommended but no longer required for all customers and coach operators on the bus and at transit centers.
- Expanded cleaning: For your peace of mind, RTA is cleaning and sanitizing buses with electrostatic foggers every day.
- Air filtration: We’ve upgraded our on-board ventilation system and filters to give you fresher, cleaner air while you ride.
- Safety barriers: To maintain a healthy environment while boarding, RTA installed safety barriers on all buses to minimize contact between the drivers and customers.
- Stay connected: Plan your next trip by visiting RiversideTransit.com or calling our Customer Information Center at (951) 565-5002. Real-time bus schedule arrival information is available on the BusWatch and Transit apps. You can also get instant route and schedule updates by signing up for iAlerts or Bus Watch or visit us on social media to stay in the loop.
- Go touch-free: Download the free Token Transit app for contactless payment.
- Don’t travel if you’re sick: Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from getting sick.