Beginning August 1, RTA is offering 25-cent bus rides to youth, seniors, disabled and veterans on all bus routes, including CommuterLink! While on board, enjoy free Wi-Fi, USB charging ports, comfortable seating, friendly drivers, and, as always, our commitment to safety wherever you’re headed.
So who rides for a quarter?
- Youth Ages 18 and Under: Be sure to show the driver a valid ID such as school ID, driver license or other state-issued ID
- Seniors Ages 60 or Above: Valid IDs include driver license, RTA Senior ID card and Senior ID card
- Disabled Customers: Valid IDs include RTA Disabled ID card, ADA ID card or Medicare card
- Veterans: Valid IDs include U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs issued ID card, a U.S. Uniformed Services ID card, California driver’s license with Veteran designation, or RTA Veterans ID card
Cash, coin and Token Transit app payment accepted. Special rates last through June 2023.
Frequently Ask Questions
Below are answers to some questions you may have. If you have any further questions, please call the Customer Information Center at (951) 565-5002. We’re open every day until 10 p.m.
Q: When will the 25-cent fare be available?
A: August 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Q: Who can ride for 25 cents?
A: Anyone age 18 and younger, seniors age 60 and above, disabled, Medicare card holders and veterans with appropriate ID.
Q: How can I pay the 25-cent fare?
A: Cash, coin or Token Transit.
Q: If I purchase a 25-cent fare on the Token Transit app and don’t use it, can I receive a refund or use it after June 30, 2023?
A: No, all 1-ride tickets will expire upon use or on June 30, 2023, whichever occurs first, and no refunds will be issued.
Q: Will discounted 1-day, 7-day or 30-day passes be available?
A: No, they will only be available at full price.
Q: Will all other fare media be available for purchase and use on the bus?
A: Yes. On the Token Transit App, the 1-ride fare will be 25 cents for all youth, senior/disabled/Medicare and veteran categories. All other 1-day, 7-day, and 30-day passes will be available at the normal selling price.
Q: Do customers need to show ID to get the 25-cent fare?
A: Customers who pay with cash or coin must have a valid ID to qualify for the special fare. For a partial list of accepted forms of ID forms, see below. For more information on acceptable IDs, call the Customer Information Center at (951) 565-5002.
- YOUTH AGE 18 AND UNDER: Current school-issued ID card, California driver’s license or state-issued ID card.
- SENIORS AGE 60 AND ABOVE: California driver’s license, state-issued ID card or RTA Senior ID card.
- DISABLED AND MEDICARE CARD HOLDERS: RTA Disabled ID card, ADA ID card or Medicare card. Medi-Cal cards will not be accepted.
- VETERANS: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs issued ID card, a U.S. Uniformed Services ID card, California driver’s license with Veteran designation, or RTA Veterans ID card.