In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Riverside Transit Agency provides ADA Priority Service to anyone with a disability who cannot use the fixed route bus system. If you have a disability that prevents you from using a lift-equipped RTA bus some or all of the time, you may be eligible for Dial-A-Ride ADA Priority Service. Dial-A-Ride is an origin-to-destination, advanced reservation transportation service operating in parts of Western Riverside County. Service boundaries are any location within ¾ mile of a regular RTA fixed bus route. If your home or destination is beyond that, you may not qualify for service in our area. We strongly encourage you to verify that your home is within the Dial-A-Ride service area before applying for service. If you have any questions about ADA services, whether you live within the Dial-A-Ride service area or about Dial-A-Ride policies, please call (800) 795-7887.
Applying for ADA service is a two-step process. Both steps are necessary to complete the certification process.
1. Application completed for person applying for ADA service: It is important to complete all parts of the online application before clicking the Submit button. Applications that are not complete will be rejected, which will delay the eligibility process. If you are unable to complete the online application, you may also print out the application and fill it out manually – please print. After completing the application, please mail to:
Riverside Transit Agency
P. O. Box 59968
Riverside, CA 92517
2. Healthcare Professional Verification form completed by a treating licensed professional: In addition to this application, a Healthcare Professional Verification form must be completed by licensed clinician that knows you best. For your convenience you have a choice of licensed professionals who can complete this form: physician, nurse, physician assistant, licensed clinical social worker, etc. You may print out the form from our website. Bring the form to your treating professional and have them mail or deliver it to RTA at the address above or fax it to (951) 565-5177.
3. Please include a passport-sized color photo with your application packet. It must be a forward facing photo with no hats or sunglasses. A copy of a California ID is not acceptable. A photo may be emailed to [email protected]
IMPORTANT: Both documents must be completed and returned to RTA otherwise your certification will be considered incomplete which will delay the eligibility process. Upon completion of the certification process, RTA will notify you within 21 days by mail regarding the decision made on your eligibility. If you have any questions, please call (951) 565-5002.
Please note: If you qualify for service, you will be sent an ADA card that includes your photo. You must show this ID to the driver each time you board a Dial-A-Ride vehicle to be eligible for service.
If you have any questions about the application process, or need an application package mailed to you, please call (951) 565-5002.
NOTE: If plan to use only local Senior/Disabled Dial-A-Ride service you are not required to fill out an application. Simply call 1-800-795-7887 to book your trip. On your first trip only, you will be required to provide proof of disability or age eligibilty at the pick-up location.
- To complete your online application and submit it electronically, Click Here
- To print out the application for mailing, DOWNLOAD THE PDF APPLICATION IN ENGLISH | IN SPANISH
- To print out the Healthcare Professional Verification form for mailing. DOWNLOAD THE PDF